Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dance In The Vampire Bund Omnibus 1-3

    



Book Description: Story & Art by Nozomu Tamaki
This omnibus edition contains the first three volumes of the hit manga series Dance in the Vampire Bund.

    After millennia in hiding, Mina Tepes, the princess of the ancient covenant and ruler of all vampires, wants change. Using the vast wealth of the Tepes line, she has paid off the entire gross national debt of Japan and gained the authority to create a "special district" off the coast of Japan that will become the future haven for vampires from all over the world! Now, on the eve of the landmark press conference announcing the existence of vampires to the world, terrorists and rival factions are plotting to assassinate Mina Tepes. With her loyal werewolf bodyguard, Akira, at her side, will the princess of vampires survive long enough to see her dream realized?

  • Publisher: Seven Seas Entertainment LLC
  • Publication date: 12/11/2012
  • Series: Dance in the Vampire Bund Series #1
  • Edition description: First Edition
  • Edition number: 1
  • Pages: 624
  • Sales rank: 177,083
  • Product dimensions: 6.08 (w) x 8.06 (h) x 2.04 (d)

 Personal View:

    This first caught my attention from watching the Anime on Netflix "12 episodes". I wanted to see how the manga differed. Like with most anime vs. manga their is always many things left out. This book is big, but I've seen bigger. I read this copy in about four an a half hours give or take doing things. The quality of the book itself is wonderful, pictures, words etc. I would suggest reading it to anyone asking me for a new series, if your into vampires, werewolves, kinda love triangle with a loyalty feeling. It's ranged for "Older teen 16+" I found an ordered my copy from Barns and Noble for $15.98. If you buy in-store your looking at $19.99 plus tax. I also believe that the Anime is also offered at Barns and Noble but I didn't look into prices. I think its on blu-ray, and if your not wanting to buy from their I suggest Best Buy. Besides Netflix if your a member.

   I really love the fact at the beginning out of each volume their is some poetry that pertains to the following chapters. Then at the end of each volume your given these little short stories called "Dance with the Vampire Maids" It's very funny!! I quite like how the manga started Vs. the anime. NOT saying I didn't enjoy that cause I did. I added some pictures, the cover art, what the case would look like the the DVD series, and a fun picture. Hope you enjoyed my first blog about a series, that it was very informational.

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

  Volume One:
                                    Let His kingdom come!
                            Nothing is more real than this illusion.
                                It has smashed the cathedrals.

                    Millennia have sung, suffered, and murdered one another
                           For this illusive kingdom that never comes.
                     -And so it is responsible for the whole of human history.

No comments:

Post a Comment